All meeting and conference attendees are required to accept and abide by all meeting policies.
The New England Financial Marketing Association (herein NEFMA) has taken preventative measures to reduce the spread of communicable disease including, but not limited to COVID-19 (“Communicable Disease”) at its 2022 Fall Conference (the “Event”). However, I acknowledge that NEFMA cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed to or contract a Communicable Disease at the Event. Further, due to the nature of the facilities, services and programs offered at this Event, I understand that attending the Event could increase my risk of contracting a Communicable Disease.
I agree to abide by all applicable COVID-19-related requirements, advisories, policies, procedures, and protocols of the venue and NEFMA, as well as the CDC, the State of Massachusetts, the city of Worcester, and any other governmental authority for the duration of my stay. I also agree not to enter the Event if (a) I am aware, as of the date of the Event, that I have contracted and not completely recovered from a Communicable Disease; (b) I am aware, as of the date of the Event, that I have been exposed within the prior two weeks to someone who had contracted or was subsequently determined to have contracted, a Communicable Disease; (c) I have been tested for a Communicable Disease but not yet received the results of such test; or (d) I have symptoms consistent with having contracted a Communicable Disease.
I understand the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by a Communicable Disease by attending the Event and that such exposure or infection may result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, permanent disability and/or death. I further understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by a Communicable Disease at the Event may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, NEFMA, its officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, sponsors, other participants, and any owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Event (“Releasees”). I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Event.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Event, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I HEREBY RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees with respect to any and all liabilities, claims, penalties, suits, demands, judgments, costs, interests and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from or relating to the illness, disability or death of myself (or any person who may contract a Communicable Disease, directly or indirectly, from me), as a direct or indirect result, in whole or in part, of a Communicable Disease, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS BASED ON THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, WHETHER AN INFECTION OCCURS BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
Please confirm your acceptance of the Waiver and Release of Liability for Communicable Disease. This is a mandatory requirement and must be done prior to commencement of the Fall Conference. Anyone failing to do so will not be permitted to attend or participate.
Photographs and/or video recordings will be taken throughout all in-person and virtual events and conferences, including photographs and/or video recordings of attendees. By attending a NEFMA event, you grant NEFMA the perpetual right to use such photographs and/or video recordings containing your image or likeness in any medium for promotional and other reasonable purposes without compensation, and you hereby release NEFMA from any claims or liability in connection with such use.
Virtual Conference Cancellations
Substitutions are accepted at any time with no extra fee.
To obtain a refund of your registration fee (minus a $50 processing fee), you must notify the New England Financial Marketing Association and receive a notification of confirmation at least thirty days before the event begins.
In Person Event Cancellations
*All cancellations due to COVID-19 will result in a full or transferred refund. COVID related cancellations must be made prior to first day of conference.
To cancel a registration, contact NEFMA immediately for a confirmation notice. Substitutions are available at any time, free of charge.
30+ DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT: Refund available, minus a $50 processing fee.
15-29 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT (SPRING OR FALL CONFERENCE): Refund available, minus a $250 processing fee. Members may instead opt to move their registration to the next meeting. Please note that members can move a registration only once.
14 OR FEWER DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT: Substitution only.
NEFMA is dedicated to a pleasant event experience for attendees. All participants, including but not limited to NEFMA staff, speakers, officers, directors, committee chairs and members, other volunteers, sponsors, and other attendees, are expected to adhere to this Event Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”). This Code of Conduct applies to all in-person and virtual NEFMA events, including without limitation the spring and fall conferences, and meetings of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, committees, and membership.
At many NEFMA events alcoholic beverages are served. NEFMA expects participants at its events to consume alcoholic beverages responsibly. NEFMA reserves the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
NEFMA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment, by participants at NEFMA events. This includes:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse, including unwelcome touching, of any attendee, NEFMA staff member, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, hosting event staff, or other meeting guest.
- Unacceptable behaviors also include, but are not limited to, comments (including jokes) related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion or national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or deliberate intimidation, unwanted photography/recording, threatening, or stalking of any attendee, NEFMA staff member, speaker, volunteer, sponsor, hosting event staff or other meeting guest.