IGNITE INNOVATION IN 2022
FALL CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
Day 1: Thursday, October 6
MARKETING ASSESSMENT PROCESS: HOW TO MAKE MARKETING A DRIVING FORCE IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
This session is focused on understanding your organization’s strategic direction and figuring out how marketing can be a key factor in your organization’s success. This session will walk you through a Strategic Blueprint Model to help answer key questions on how to structure your marketing department, what marketing infrastructure is needed to make marketing a driving force in your organization, how to achieve integrated marketing based on your organization’s strategic direction, and much more.
FINDING NEW WAYS TO GROW
Every bank board meeting discusses it. Branch acquisition is one path, but with many cores quoting a 12 month lead time for integrating, it’s a long play. There’s always the M&A strategy, but that isn’t always the right fit for some boards.
What if there was another way to grow? Where banks can implement an initiative in about a month, grow $10-100M or more in deposits, and create new fee revenue and lending options? What if this new source of revenue was in your own backyard and community? Higher risk businesses can fall outside a bank’s risk comfort zone, but it’s evident that there’s a tremendous need for those businesses to be banked, and they can in fact be handled securely and profitably.
This session will address:
- Defining the sectors: cannabis, hemp, crypto, ATMs, MSBs and more
- Market opportunity: You’re already banking them so why not make money from them?
- Banking in your geographic footprint – and nationwide
- Building out your prospect list, SEO/SEM and outbound campaigns
- Risk and compliance considerations
- Leverage an ROI calculator in mapping out success
- Automating workflows to scale the business
WHY A BANK'S BRAND MATTERS
Community banks don’t have the same brand recognition as the big bank brands. However, the products and services offered by community banks—especially relationships built with local businesses and families—are beyond what big name banks can offer. So how do you make sure your customers and community know that? You establish a meaningful brand, one that matters.
Those in attendance will tackle important questions such as:
- What is a re-brand, and how can it be scaled appropriately?
- When does it make sense to re-brand your bank?
- Why should you consider a re-brand, and how do you make that case to the CFO?
- How do you get everyone involved and supportive of a re-brand?
- How do you roll out a re-brand?
NOW WHAT? WEBSITE STRATEGY AFTER LAUNCH
Building a website is fun, but the work doesn’t stop once it’s published! The days, weeks, and months post-launch are critical for driving traffic and conversions to get the best ROI. Melanie Coleman, Director of Strategy & Media at Pannos Marketing, will discuss the immediate next steps after launching a new website, including marketing, and digital media efforts. After attending this presentation, attendees will be able to apply meaningful tips, advice, and strategy to their new website launch.
ARE YOU BUILDING YOUR BRAND THROUGH THE RIGHT CHANNELS?
We’ve learned from our latest round of Rivel Banking Benchmarks, and through thousands of your customers and prospects, if your method of outreach is effective. Your customers are your greatest asset and ambassadors – are you focusing on their experience? Join us as we discuss consumers’ preferences on word of mouth recommendations, chatbots, social media and other forms of advertising.
OPTIMIZING DEPOSIT STRATEGIES IN A TIGHTENING CYCLE
The recent bond market sell-off was one of the most severe in history as inflation pressures took markets and the Fed by surprise causing an historically aggressive stance for tightening this cycle. Undeniably, deposit pricing dynamics have changed, and competition is already intensifying. As liquidity levels begin to tighten, questions remain…How disciplined will we be in managing deposits as rates rise? How will I respond to competition offering up promotions? How can I minimize deposit cannibalization? Financial institutions need to map out their deposit game plans, particularly as the Fed remains aggressive to lower inflation.
Key areas of focus of this session include:
- Deposit trends through this tightening cycle
- Strategies to optimize new money growth and minimize cannibalization
- Understanding the true cost of promotions
- Finding pockets of growth opportunities in specific customer segments
Day 2: FRIDAY, October 7
NAVIGATING NEW MEDIA: HOW TO EVALUATE EMERGING TRENDS & TOOLS
DATA DRIVEN MARKETING: WHAT IF YOU KNEW WHAT WORKED?
In 2021, Marquis helped hundreds of financial institutions leverage data to drive thousands of marketing campaigns with millions of individualized impressions. What can your financial institution learn by examining the results of campaigns, what are some tools to get started, are you on the right path in leveraging your data, and what if you could tweak things to do slightly better?
During this session, Sean Cunningham, SVP of Marquis, will review these findings and demonstrate the data-driven impact of the following topics:
- Delayed vs. immediate communication
- Single vs. Multi-channel approach
- Static vs. hyper-specific variants
- Single vs. multiple impressions
- Core-specific vs. multiple data sources
- Is it possible to over-communicate?
- Ideal months to market specific products
- Does a personalized CRM follow-up matter?
- Impact of targeted vs. broad prospecting.
OPPORTUNITIES AWAIT: DEVELOPING A DIVERSE MORTGAGE CUSTOMER SOURCE
Attendees will learn about the challenges and rewards of developing a more diverse mortgage customer base. They will also learn specific tactics, which may not currently build into their bank’s marketing plan, that they can employ to reach out to these groups. This presentation will be hands-on, where attendees will learn to create new strategies that will yield results in the near term.